Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data and events so far:
- New Zealand: RBNZ kept the interest rates unchanged at 1.5 percent.
- Germany: GFK consumer confidence report to be released at 6:00 GMT.
- France: June consumer confidence report will be released at 6:45 GMT.
- Eurozone: ECB will hold its non-monetary policy today.
- Italy: Q1 Debt statistics will be updated at 8:00 GMT.
- Switzerland: ZEW economic survey report will be released at 8:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom: BBA mortgage report due at 8:30 GMT. BoE governor Carney to testify before parliamentary committee beginning 9:15 GMT.
- United States: MBA mortgage applications report will be released at 11:00 GMT. Durable goods order report will be released at 12:30 GMT. EIA will release weekly crude oil inventory report at 14:30 GMT. FOMC member Daly’s speech due at 15:30 GMT.
- Japan: Retail trade report due at 23:50 GMT.
- Auction: the U.S. will auction 5-year note at 17:00 GMT.